The majority of the works of art in the Chali-Rosso Collection belong to the gallery. We do however, accept quality works on consignment if and only if they can be verified as authentic works by the artist. Any receipts of sale and Certificate of Authenticity the current owner has would be considered helpful, but will not be the sole determining factor in authenticating the artwork.
If you have artwork that you wish to submit for consignment to Chali-Rosso Art Gallery, please employ the following procedure:
- Take a clear photograph of the artwork, showing the margins, matting and frame if applicable. We will need to see the entire image.
- Take a clear close-up photograph of the signature, which most often appears at the lower right of the artwork.
- Take a clear close-up photograph of numbering, lettering or annotations, if there is any – these most often appear in the lower left corner of the artwork.
- Take clear, close-up photograph(s) of any other special markings which may be present.
- Take legible photograph of any existing paperwork including invoices and Certificates of Authenticity. Sometimes, these may be attached to the back of the artwork.
Send all photographs as an attachment in your email to the gallery with “CONSIGNMENT” in the subject line. If you are unable to submit photographs electronically, please call us at 604.733.3594 and make an appointment to bring the artwork to the gallery for assessment.
The final authentication happens only after physical examination of the actual work of art. Once authenticity has been determined, we will establish fair market value based on a number of sources in the international art marketplace.